you've been together how long?

November 3, 2011

the home alone shivers

Okay, so nothing could really ever make me buy one of these.  First of all, who came up with that name?  Snuggie? Really? 

No kid who was ever treated to a bully-induced snuggie in elementary school would think of naming a product that and any geek who grew up to be a business savvy marketing genius would never have let this one slip. 

I can do better.  Pajankie, for one example.  Or how about, Blankajama?

Hahaha.  Man, I am such a comic.

Anyway.

Since working from home, I have noticed a few things:

1. Pandora (internet radio) is an insecure girl like me.  It likes you to click that you like it every once and a while or it will ask you if you're still listening.

2. Cable TV with promotional free movie channels is the devil.  (I'll actually be happy when the promotional period ends and I'm not so tempted to always check and see what's on.)

3. Pajamas in the afternoon are totally acceptable, even encouraged.

4. It is deliriously wonderful to only get phone calls and emails from people that I care about.

5. The house is colder without a husband in it.  I am determined to not make Clint pay for letting me work at home in the form of increasing our heating bill by a gazillion percent.  So while the indoor temperature lingers around 66 degrees, I wear slippers, sweats, and hoodies all day while occasionally drinking hot chocolate at my computer.

In case there is any question in your mind at this point, the slippers-and-hot-chocolate scenario is NOT a bad thing.

At least I will never stoop to Snuggies.

No comments: