
Here we are pre-race, pre-triumphal, pre-exhaustion. Sign of obviousness that I haven't run the race yet: I am smiling.
It was cloudy as you can see, but the rain had mostly passed. We made sure to get to the starting line in plenty of time, but ended up waiting over half an hour for the remainder of the racer shuttles to arrive and for dozens of the racers to wait in line at the porta-potties. I'd never seen such enthusiasm over a porta-potty.
Lucky Jessica got to assume the role of official race photographer as she is of course playing the role of Cute Pregnant Woman (my sisters-in-law are setting a very high standard for being the prettiest and skinniest pregnant women I've ever seen).13.1 sporadically rainy miles later, and here is Clint's victorious arrival at the finish (if you ask me, he looks like he's doing pretty darn good):

Clint had a great run. He felt good, and he beat his goal time of under 2 hours with ease and stamina - an impressive 1:52.Here I am racing an old man the last 30ish yards to the finish line. That just about sums up my race effort.

I was at least victorious in beating the old guy by a couple of seconds! Woohoo. My ego narrowly avoided a serious beating. I guess there is no point in trying to conceal my race time as anyone who cares enough will find out sooner or later: 2:09! One of those days.In this picture, I wasn't really capable yet of holding my own self up. Not until about 30 mins after I stopped running, actually.

I was so impressed by Brett, Clint, Trent, & Amy for their awesome race times. Congrats, guys. You inspire me.
Clint and I are happy to report that we accomplished one of our biggest fitness goals of the year. And I must say, it is nice to have it over with.
(Many many thanks to Jessica for letting us stay at her family's cabin & for taking all of these great pictures for us. Thank you, Jessica!)

7 comments:
CONGRATS!! 2:09 is AWESOME!! That's so fast. You look great. And you had elements and elevation against you and you rocked it. Way to go girl!!
Congrats on finishing the race! That is awesome and it makes me motivated to do something like that.
Congrats on finishing the race! That is awesome and it makes me motivated to do something like that.
Ok. You're way too hard on yourself! 2:09 is AWESOME!! Are you kidding? For heaven's sake, you ran 13.1 miles. That, in and of itself, is something to be so proud of! And, I'm sure that old man jumped into the race with about 1 mile to go. You look fab and you did so great! Hope you're feeling back to normal today.
xoxo
I think what you did is sooo awesome!!! I really am impressed. Your time is good too! At least you moved up to the half and didn't stay behind and just do the small 10K. Really, I think you guys are awesome for doing a half!
Are you crazy?! 2:09 is a GREAT time! Good job! Keep it up so you can run the Lombardi Half Marathon. I guess I'll have to pick up running again so I can finish...
I'm so impressed! Seriously! That is such a great accomplishment. Maybe you'll feel better knowing that due to my grandmaesque joints, I couldn't even finish a 5k.
You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment