you've been together how long?

May 26, 2009

Day 1 / The Arrival / The Angels vs the BoSox

MAJOR DISCLAIMER: I have posted many many pictures from our recent Disneyland/Anaheim trip in the next couple of posts today. This is mainly for mine & Clint's records & I want to remember every hour so I'm afraid I couldn't bring myself to edit as much as I should have. Feel free to skim through & read whatever portion you want!
Wednesday, May 13th. SLC Airport. The moment had arrived. Tension in the air. Roar of airplanes. Orange County calls.

Love the moving sidewalks.

We arrived in Cali at about 11 a.m. and after only about 1 hour of being slightly lost & disoriented, we made our way down to Newport & Balboa beaches for lunch & to soak in the atmosphere of The Much-Awaited Beach. Actually, I don't think the joy of being on vacation ever quite settled in until it was over.

Delicious subs.

Newport Pier on a gorgeous day.


Postcard quality pic looking south toward Balboa.

Clint treated me to my first Major League baseball game ever! Our timing was perfect. The Wednesday night of our arrival, the Angels were hosting the Red Sox! We bought our tix from a scalping season ticket-holder, really good deal. Much better than we originally thought we'd get.

The view from our seats:
A night of decadence: greasy quarter-pounders from Carls Jr, a licorice red rope, and the Ultimate Super Cheesy Deluxe Whatever-they-call-it Nachos. Clint & I definitely gave in to the atmosphere of the game.


The Angels scored a 5-run homer & while I was cheering this gomer snuck up behind me to join the picture. Awkward, but... sure, hey, whatever. Go Angels. And yes, I got plenty of comments from Red Sox fans about my Yankee Pride. Go Yankees! (Sorry, Shel.)



Final score: LA Angels: 8, BoSox: 4. Root, root, root for the Home Team!


3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Looks like you had a great time, can't wait to hear about the rest. Can you email me your email address so I can invite you to my blog, for some reason it deleleted a few and never sent invites to them. leannbowman@gmail.com

Amy said...

Oh I am jealous. Jealous of the trip, the beach, the game, and the food. Fun times. And that guy is a gomer!

Amy said...

Sorry for the second comment, but I had know idea the plethera of pictures that would be following shortly! Not that I am complaining. I loved looking at all the pictures. Sounds like an amazing trip. I am glad you guys started the summer off right! I love the Indiana Jones bag too!