you've been together how long?

May 26, 2009

Day 3 / the Beach / & more food

You better believe that Friday, May 15th, was our sleep-in day. We needed it. But when we did get up, we went for a very mild & very invigorating & very much needed run right along the strip. It was heaven. I've never breathed so easy in my life!

The plan was to relax, nap, & catch some rays for the rest of the day, but wouldn't you just believe that it was cloudy, windy, & not at all sun-tan friendly for the rest of the day!


We went to Ruby's for lunch. It's out on the Balboa pier & it is a charming, delicious little burger joint full of 50s soda-shop personality! (I know it doesn't look like much from the outside but it's clean & quaint on the inside. Clint loved the burgers & fries. Top notch, I'm telling you. Go there next time you're in the Newport area.


Our rental vehicle.
We spent most of the afternoon shop-seeing along the strip. Clint has a couple of new T's.
Chilly day at the beach=a refreshing jump in the spa back at the hotel!

That evening, we went out for Clint's birthday since we were in Disneyland the day before & I didn't really get to take him out.
We ate at an outdoor shopping mall area about a block away from the hotel. Clint chose the CPK.



I asked our server about "a treat for the birthday boy." Sure enough, bring on the hot fudge Sunday.

No comments: