My office chair.
I started sleeping light back in October and noticing that I would wake up sore and achy in my lower back. Not pleasant. I thought, "What is this? Am I aging?" Heaven forbid, and other curse words.
Well, that was about the same time I started my new job. Originally I thought my chair looked great. Nicer than the standard office chairs that everyone around me had. But not great support for my lower back. I think I have a bit of a deeper curve to my lower back than the average worker. So it was a problem.
First, I tried this:
It seemed to help. Plus I liked the sassy zebra vibe. But I like to use it at home, too. I've never been one of those organized people who remembers to take vital things with me wherever I go. Every time I forget to take this little donut to work... back problems the next morning.
Finally, I got this lower back mesh support thingy from Target. And it's staying on the back of my office chair.
Today's my first day using it. But I can already tell this is going to be the start of a long and beautiful relationship. Ah, relief.What else have I learned? That you never know how much easier it is to wake up at 5 in the morning when you get a good sleep and wake up without aches, then when you don't.



No comments:
Post a Comment