you've been together how long?

March 18, 2011

teach me how to Jimmer

TGIF!!
 
Hi all!  I am feeling particularly spunkified right this very instant, and so I guess that's just what it's gonna take for me to ever decide to lay down a blog post.  I'm gonna hurry and knock this post out before the spunk juice wears out.
 
Let me just go ahead and say it:  I'm A BAD BLOGGER!  I guess sometimes I feel like it's an expected role.  Like I'm a dog in house-training.  You know:  "Sit, blogger.  Good!  Now... roll over!  Roll!  Play dead, blogger!"  (I'm particularly accomplished at that last command.)
 
Anyway, that's more of a side note. 
 
I really just wanted to give a shout out to good old basketball.  Especially college ball.  I love March Madness.  I mean, LOVVVVVE IT.  I didn't even feel particularly bad about not doing anything St Patrick'sy yesterday because I was too busy following the brackets and watching games in the evening.  (I did, of course, wear my bright shamrock-green T-shirt and paint my toe-nails green with cute little shamrocks on them and exchange quirky Irish drinking jokes all day long with my sister via email but ANYWAY.  You get the idea: I love St Paddy's, but I might just love March Madness more.)  By the way... I loved watching the Cougars last night.  I mean, Jimmer especially, but really all of my Cougars!!!  Lest anyone out there forget - because I have very vocal-tastic Ute fan for a house-mate - this girl's heart actually thrills for a chance to watch and cheer a team belonging to her very own Alma Mater. Surely any fan can relate!!!  I actually have a connection to a high-ranked team in the tournament this year and it's a blast!  A blasy blast to my blastrified brains.  (Don't think too hard about any words that don't sound quite right, just trust your initial understanding of the word and chances are you're right on.)  The thing about March Madness is... I'm not usually lucky enough to have a winning bracket, but it's the journey that counts!!  I mean, if there's any year that I'm going to vote for my own university to go to the Final Four, it's this year.  Oh yes. You read me right.  Teach me how to Jimmer, baby.
 
Speaking of which, doesn't all this spectating get one in the mood to get out and shoot a few?  If anybody's hankering for a pick-up game of HORSEYLICIOUS, you got one.

3 comments:

cameo said...

I'm game for a game of Horse....er....horseylicious. Though I'm sure you'd school me. I actually have a real hoop in my backyard. Maybe I'll start practicing..... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I've been watching the games too. Fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally blogged!!! We won't call you on Thurs. as you'll be glued to the T.V.; right?