After a long week (or several) of stressful, awful, tedious work... what could be more refreshing than a summer-teaser day in none other than Utah's own... Lagoon!!! Last Saturday was indeed quite the perfect day for it. And I didn't even mind using the excuse that it wasn't quite warm enough to avoid riding the drencher, the "Cliffhanger."
The day was mostly in honor of one of my favorite person's birthdays... although I'm not going to lie - it was a treat for me and I would have taken any opportunity. Happy birthday couzzy poo!!!
Me and the crazy beautiful chick who I'm pretty sure is really my twin (but not because I think I'm as pretty as she is):
Aforementioned birthday girl and her lucky son-of-a-gun boyfriend (I'm pretty sure he knows it; because otherwise you best believe that he would hear it from Yours Truly):
Kodak moment of me and my man (aww, perfect for framing):
And presenting:
the Dominating Duo,
the Sisters of Sass,
the Odd Ducks,
the Legendary,
the Heartbreakers,
the one-and-only...
Em & Sam Forevuh.
Where have we been?
We never left!!! We're right here!!! Alway been right here!!!
And we're not going ANYWHERE.
And... yes. Yes, we occasionally still practice our Haunting skills.
We are creatures
of the Night, after all.
Yikes.
Clint got a kick out of some of the signs that Lagoon posted. You know the ones - really dumb, obvious warnings that you know are only there because someone actually did something that stupid?
Like the sign posted on the jerky Wild Mouse ride which reads "Please do not straddle the lap bar." Some actually tried that??? Really????
Or the spiky fence that practically screams
"Sit on me and you will never have posterity to speak of!"
Well, of course there was an official sign posted to warn off anyone who wished to take a
creatively painful route to infertility.
Clint also found this serendipitous message in the men's restroom, which very appropriately notifies "All Cloggers" to please take their "business" somewhere else. BAH HA HA HA!
I think Lagoon's motto "It's what fun is," may also refer to the
laughs you experience reading the warnings on rides
and also while engaged in people-watching.
Though whether they intended this meaning or not remains debateable.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure a few people-watchers at Lagoon got their laughs while watching us. Ha ha.
Best wishes from your fellow Lagoon-goers -
May the force be with you.









5 comments:
I'm one of the people who always checks your blog so I'm thrilled for an update.
You two girls are so beautiful. Love hearing all about the fun times at Lagoon. Including all the hilarious signs. Looks like you guys had a great time. Yay for best friend cousins. :) xoxo
Looks like a blast!! And Sam... your tan is beautiful. What are your secrets?!
Ahhh, I am jealous. I love Lagoon! And the clogger sign is hilarious!
wow! you two do look a lot a like! looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Haha! Clever, as usual, Sam. I haven't been to Lagoon in decades. :) Congrats on your run again! xo
Post a Comment