I must always remember how fortunate Clint & I am.
It's like this, see.
When I was a Single Woman (rest her soul), me and my BFF would raise our eyebrows at all the gorgeous young couples who seemed to be not far from our own age, but somehow in possession of every material thing they could want. Clearly, this encompassed the very fact that said couples were MARRIED and thus OBVIOUSLY did have everything that we thought anyone could possibly be lacking. Given this emotional & unavoidable bias, I do still believe that we were justified in wondering how young couples could be newly-weds, with a baby or two, with only 1 income, with a mortgage on a pretty new house, & with 2 shiny new luxury cards to cruise around in. We were hard-working single girls with part-time jobs & full-time student responsibilities. We were not entirely naive as to the cost of living.
I now find myself in the unbelievably magical position of being able to afford a brand new home with my Ultimate Man. We are building a house in South Jordan. We are newly-weds. We both work full-time. The economy fall-out has produced some unbelievable mortgage rates as well as a motivating tax incentive of $8000 in tax returns. We have many factors allowing us to buy a house right now.
Although... I can't help feeling somewhat guilty at my remarkable good fortune. The blessing must be in Clint's favor, because I'm SURE I've never done anything to deserve this placement.
This last Labor Day weekend brought many additional gifts to our inventory. 3 words (or would it count as 4?): R.C. Willey SALES!!!
Fortunately, we did NOT have to pay the entire cost up front at R.C. Willey. For 20% down, they hold it all on lay-away. However, we did spend, well... a lot. Enter: a little bit of guilt.
But also enter: Gratitude Extroardinaire!
We are sooo lucky. And so excited about our new house. And very relieved to have many of the necessities to fill our new house. This is a huge weight off my chest, since it makes it much less daunting to move into a new, big, empty house, and in a relatively short time frame. The contractor should have the bank loan/permit any day now. Estimated time frame to build: 60 days.

2 comments:
SO EXCITING!!! A house and things to go in it?!?! So fun!
Oh I so remember the RC Willey thing. It was so fun to actually get to choose things for our new house. Looks like you will get to be in for the holidays! That is awesome!
Post a Comment