Did you know that April is Poetry Month? It's true! A whole month for writing poetry! Celebrating poetry! Writing poetry! And writing poetry!
I've joined the throngs of desperate, eager, and enthusiastic Poets who contribute to Writer's Digest "Poetic Asides" blog. The blog-owner-guy Robert does a Poem-A-Day Challenge in April by posting a prompt every day, and you comment on the blog by posting the poem inspired by the prompt. And I'll be darned if I haven't already written 5 or 6 poems in the last 3 days because of the way having a prompt has encouraged my juices to gush forth with joyfully festive, creative abandone! Hallelujah, I still have poetry inside of me. Just needed a good butt-pinching to get me going. So yes, I have posted a comment on each prompt so far for the past 3 days. And I intend to continue - giddyup.
Anyway, I know I've been keeping my other blog, the mysterious writing blog on the low-low, so any of you who'd like to scan the comments on Robert's blog to find my own little nuggets - or even write your own poetic assertions! - click on this link to the Poetic Asides blog. There's incentives for posting as many poems as possible - as many as one a day. Rules to the Poem-A-Day game are on his blog, if you're interested.
And if you do write a poem this month, for the Poem-A-Day challenge or just for the undeniable joy of writing a poem, share it with me, would you please? I love poetry. And I love April Poetry month. And I want to be poetically inspired by your poeticiousness!
HAPPY APRIL POETRY MONTH!
FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!
WOOHOO!

3 comments:
Sam, I'm so impressed with your poetry efforts. I visited the blog tonight and was stunned at the number of comments. Let me know which days you posted so I can find your work--it might save me some time sifting through the hundreds of comments. xoxo
How I wish I could write; poems, stories, anything. But I can't. But I've always loved reading your stuff. I remember some hilarious e-mails and stories you wrote me in high school. Wow, now I really wish I still had my Hotmail account.
Hey Sam! I'm glad you found me. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Cute blog. I'm glad there are people like you that love poetry so people like me don't have to. Being an English major I get a lot of crap about it from my classmates. I don't HATE it, it's just not my fav.
Post a Comment