For my birthday this year my cousin treated me to a juicy Halloween extravaganza: the Halloween Hijinks, which apparently the Utah Symphony does every year @ Abravanel Hall. It was pretty fun. Let me explain. The reason why I don't gush over with joyous enthusiasms for a production centered around Halloween celebration is because, well...let's be honest. I was kinda hoping for a symphonic twist on some "Nightmare Before Christmas" music or something similar. Spooky and gothy. But, instead, they did a short excerpt from a German composer, Humperdinck's, opera of "Hansel and Gretel." which was ok. I mean, that witch's face was
really green. But the funnest part of the night was being surrounded by people in over-the-top costumes. And of course the costume contest which was conducted on stage while the audience voted by loudness of applause. I have a few pics from the double date (my camera decided to stop functioning inside Abravanel Hall, which is atrociously unfortunate and I still haven't forgiven it):

My dear cousin Emilie and her friend Jonathan who, I must say, made pretty convincing and dang freaky vamps.

Clint doing the cowboy thing while I try to make my best sorceress face.
And here is the actual Halloween night:
Um, no...we didn't dress to match. Case you were wondering.

Sister Allie, me, Sister Liz on Halloween night.
Me and my baby sister Jenni.

I was so excited to cast spells with my hand eye ball!


I have no comment for this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment