you've been together how long?

November 15, 2008

Cabin Trip in November


My mom's side of the family owns a cabin up Weber Canyon, almost right on the river. And, well...in the winter no one in the family ever seems to use it except for Clint and I! This is totally ok with us, because it means that we can drag a mattress in front of the fire, pop popcorn, play Scrabble, and sleep right next to the fire. (Of course our clothes smell very pungently of woodsmoke when we get home.) There is also a really FANTASTIC hill for sledding and plenty of isolated roads for cross-country skiing. This most recent time when we went, though, there wasn't quite enough snow yet for outdoor activities so we stayed in the cozy cabin and hung out by the fire. Which I'm actually just dandy with. It felt so much like a vacation--even though it was just one night--that we took a few pictures:
Mmm...cozy!!!

I have such fun memories of the cabin with my cousins and uncles and aunts growing up here. It's aways been my favorite summer vacation. The very warm, fuzzy place in my heart for the cabin just keeps expanding in fuzziness since I discovered how delightful it can be in the winter as well, and how fun it is to hang out anywhere with Clint! I know--what a sap, huh?

No comments: