you've been together how long?

July 31, 2013

Grateful diary: the number 6

6

Times we have hiked Mt Olympus together

Episodes in my favorite Pride & Prejudice movie

New DVD's we acquired last Christmas

The number on the back of Clint's high school football jersey

How many times Clint tells me he loves me every day

Years we have been married on July 26th.


Aren't we a couple of goofballs? 

Happy Anniversary to Us!

The number 6 seems so much bigger than 5, somehow. And yet it still feels like a blink.

Everything has not gone how we expected or even how we hoped, but in my mind, our struggles have only made us better. Closer. More dedicated to each other. It's easy to be happy when everything goes your way and you get just what you want when you want it. But when you don't have everything you want, your happiness zeroes in on those things you do have. The people you love more than anything else. That one person you live with and are grateful for every day. And you realize, "If I never get anything else I want in this life, he will be more than enough to make the rest of this life blissful."

And when I say "you," I really mean me, of course.

I don't pretend that this life is perfect, because this life was never meant to be perfect. But I'm blessed to go through this life with a man who takes care of me and loves me and whom I just adore. It's been a lightning-fast, wonderful 6 years and I can't wait to see what adventures are waiting for us. I love you, Clint! Thanks for being the reason behind my smile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys have each other, "Wuv twue wuv".