you've been together how long?

April 30, 2012

Our latest run

We ran the Salt Lake City Half Marathon, and these were some of our best pics (trust me, I look like I'm dying in most of the others)(and yes, these photos are snatched from the website without paying ludicrous prices for "de-proofed" digital copies):


I barely beat my PR from last year coming in at about 1:54:30 and Clint came in somewhere around 1:42. That fasty pants.

Sometimes, I feel like a slob after a race and I totally forget about being a runner for weeks or even months, but this time... not so. I felt a little fired up about doing better and getting faster. It was a rough training season for me with several colds, knee pain and therapist visits, and some other emotional issues. I was a fighter, but... I'm ready to do better.

Meet me at the Halloween Half marathon in Provo on October 27th if you think it sounds KILLER to run down a beautiful canyon dressed in whatever crazy runner costume you've always wanted to run in. I'm thinking of turning a Disney princess into a runner or possibly Sally Skellington! Prices go up May 1 and then again in August, I think.

1 comment:

Shelly Karren said...

Awesome time, Sam! So proud of you, Clint and the others. xo