you've been together how long?

September 7, 2011

scenes from summer campfires

 I feel like posting about some of our recent summer events, but I get a little bored of listing one event per post.  So this one I decided to give a theme: summer campfires!!!
What would summer be without campfires?
Me: a drought summer season in Utah but I've still got swimming pools!
Clint: a depressing shame, and something that will never happen in his lifetime experience.

We both love having a crackly, warm fire in the mountains.  I love it even more when the campfire is accompanied by grand scenery and an artistic sunset.
Clint in his element.

We went up to my family's cabin in August, with my extended family on my mom's side.  It is well-known and even happily acknowledged that Clint is the family's designated Fire Master.  He gets the fire started, he keeps it hot and high while everyone roasts s'mores, and he is the last one to leave the fireside. 
A beautiful sky

Clint gets some help from cousin George.
A great shot of my sister Jen with some of her cousins


Across the fire from me: my cousin Taylor and Grandma.
The sun sets over Weber Canyon
Me and my sis Liz




These last 2 were taken at a camping trip at the Spruces campsite up Big Cottonwood canyon.  It was another great campfire with beautiful scenery.

No comments: