Hi. Yep, I'm still alive. Sorry about that little....sabbatical.As far as the football season goes, we are in full swing! And I am surviving trying to be a BYU and a Ute fan at the same time. I sit in the MUSS with Clint, as you may know. But I'm a BYU graduate and I just have to cheer for them when they play the U. Don't know what I'm gonna do this year. Yikes.
I'm sure you've heard about the Utes' most recent win over UNLV. The first half was ugly, but the Utes dominated in the second half so Clint was happy. And they showed fireworks after the game, which was fun. I am also trying to keep up on the BYU season...so I'm afraid you'll just have to indulge me here. BYU is also undefeated, they won Northern Iowa and this last week they won 28-27 over Washington. Don't get me started on that game. Unfortunately I didn't get to see that game since Clint & I don't get the Mtn or FSN at our place, but I did listen to some of it and I heard about it PLENTY afterwards. So here's how it goes: BYU was ahead by one touchdown with seconds left when Washington scored a touchdown. They got a "celebration" penalty and the ref moved them back 15 yards to the 35 line for the extra point punt. BYU blocked the punt. Now everyone's debating the controversy of BYU's win because of the stupid "unsportsman-like" call against Washington! I'm like, give me a break. Yeah, those celebration calls are always subjective and rather stupid, BUT, any decent punter should be able to put up a winning kick from 35 yards! I mean, right? BYU blocked the kick, end of story. Game won. I think Washington fans are just being sore losers and so they're trying to discredit our puny little Mountain West Conference. Losers. Ha!
Anyway, enough of my ranting. Clint and I are good. Busy, but good. Clint's classes are going well so far, not too strenuous. We're still trying to keep up the carpooling thing too, though, on Tuesdays and Thursdays when Clint has evening classes he has to take TRAX home. Oh well. Gas is too expensive. Have you heard Utah's like 20 cents above the national average? You gotta be kidding me. Ridiculous. We're even higher than California, y'all. I never thought I'd see the day.
By the way, is anybody else getting excited for Halloween yet or am I really just a nut with an unusual amount of witch blood or something? I've been looking at Gothic Fairy costumes online and roaming Michaels aimlessly trying to justify buying more fall decor. Clint's gonna have to physically hold me down if he doesn't want me to start putting out pumpkin heads and spiders and draping spider webs around our house! I'm thinking like, tonight. Okay, not tonight, too much going on. Tomorrow. Halloween party is on tomorrow. I'm bringing out the fall stuff and making my ghost cookies, man! That's it!

3 comments:
Sam, my birthday is coming up (few days before halloween) I know that I need to be thinking of a halloween costume because I can't let someone beat me with the costume at Myriad. I had too good of costume last year.. I need to get on the ball!!
Is gas really 20 cents higher in Utah? Goodness. I hope TRAX is working out for the two of you. Even though I have my car I'm on the bus/subway every day. Yikes. Hope all is well. We still need to chat soon.
Hi Sam! It's been a while and i forgive you already if you don't remember me! You and your husband are so cute! Great to read up about you and your life! xoxo
Post a Comment