you've been together how long?

July 7, 2008

Awwww...

I think somebody had a big day on the 4th of July!

We...
  • played tennis on Thursday night
  • got up early to hike Red Pine on Friday morning (pictures to come)
  • ate a yummy grilled kabob lunch at Jeff & Kathy's
  • met my family for swimming at Cottonwood Heights (I didn't win a slide race ONCE. Waah.)
  • barbecued yummy burgers at my parents'
  • played Booger Ball
  • played some football
  • watched fireworks
  • ate delicious ice cream...cookie dough and raspberry sherbet and cookies 'n cream with brownies!

I guess my Clint was bushed. This picture is of him right after swimming...he and my Dad were watching Federer while waiting for the burgers to cook and he conked out right in his chair! By the way, did anyone see or record the Federer-Nadal match on Sunday? I heard it was AWESOME but I was out of town and I want to see it.

4 comments:

cameo said...

I saw the match...well, all but the fifth set. And yes, it WAS awesome. A very good match. Of course, I was cheering for Nadal, so that helped. Anyway, sounds like you had a fun 4th of July, so jealous!

Linds Forrest said...

Sounds like a great fourth! The Wimbledon match was one of the best! They played the longest match ever, I bet you can catch it online. Federer lost like a true gentleman. It's so rad all the hikes you go on!!

cameo said...

It's kind of silly, the half marathon I am running is put on by my family. My brother didn't like his wife having to pay $50 dollars, so he decided to do one himself and this will be our third one. Anyone is invited though, so you are more than welcome (and it's free, too!) By the way, I deleted the match off of my DVR, but my parents old-schooled it and recorded it on a VHS; I am sure I could ask them to let you borrow it. And I keep telling my husband we need to do some hiking, you are making me a bit jealous!

cameo said...

Hmm, thanks SO much for the invite to Timp, but unfortunately tomorrow doesn't work for us. :( We should do something though, I think it would be fun! Oh, and our half marathon is always the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, which I believe is August 30th, and I believe we will be running on the Jordan River Parkway trail...very flat!