When questioned about the experience, her husband Clint Karren openly admits: "I had just gone home from an 8-hour work day, and I knew Sam wanted to vote, so I decided to get to work on homework rather than make dinner for myself. I'm complete incapable of taking care of my own nutritional needs without Sam. In fact, I'm useless without her! I rely on her for everything; she's an amazing, caring person and a wonderful home-maker!" Mr. Karren managed to survive the evening of Super Tuesday, February 5, however. He even showed interest later that night as results from many of the polling states were broadcasted live on ABC4. Thankfully, by that time, Sam had returned to their home and prepared an excellent gourmet meal of frozen chicken nuggets, Western Family Mac & Cheese, and frozen peas & carrots, finished off with Clint's personal favorite: Orange Pineapple Banana concentrate from Old Orchard. The best!
Mrs. Karren's experience at the polls was positive, due to the fact that voters had only one decision to make and lines at the elementary school were generally nonexistent. She does ask, however, that no one report her for not re-registering as a Draper resident and voting at the precinct where she resided as a single dependent to her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Milne. When questioned about her balloting experience, Mrs. Karren had this to say: "Of course I was excited to vote! I've been more interested in this election than any other, simply because I've gotten older, more independent, and have had more time to keep myself informed on relevant issues like health care, education, immigration, and international affairs. "

Mrs. Karren demonstrated impressive competency in discussing issues of the campaign and openly admitted her favorite candidate: "Yeah, Mitt Romney first attracted my attention because of the fact that he's Mormon, sure. And I realize I'm part of the uncontested majority, but...I have to say that the more I've looked into the issues, the more I've realized that Romney is the most well-rounded, capable candidate with the most favorable stance on each of these issues. " Sam also relates her experience with talk radio: "I commute a ton every day, so I have lots of time to listen to the radio. My favorite station is 102.7 and I like the Doug Wright show and the Sean Hannity show. They're very informative. Witty, too. Check it out," she encouraged others.
Mrs. Karren also proudly toted her large, red "I voted" sticker on her cheek all the way back home from her polling location. (Unfortunately no picture available at this time due to Mr. Karren's hiding of the digital camera.) Sam finished up her interview with this statement: "Clint didn't vote yesterday on Super Tuesday and I'm still trying to decide whether or not to forgive him. Do your patriotic duty and civil responsibility by getting informed, registering, and VOTING!!!"

4 comments:
Clint, you didn't vote! What kind of citizen are you? I even braved the rain and the busy streets of Boston to find the fire station where I was supposed to vote. Goodness. Sam, wonderful job with the article--quite the journalist you are :). Fun to read!
I'm happy to report that both Brian and I took the opportunity to vote yesterday and were glued to the TV as the latest ballot news unfolded last night. Too bad about Mitt.
Thanks for entertaining both of our daughters the other night. You're so darling with them and it was sweet to watch you with both Avie and Eliza. Always great to see you guys.
ok i have seen you lurking or maybe someone else visited from your link! but fabulous writing on this! and so sad to say Mitt pulled out. check out MSNBC.
bummer your hubby didn't vote.
and way to go cooking dinner. but you know if you do that now he'll always expect you to? train them early how to cook food for themselves and someday, he'll cook dinner for the family. it is unorthodox but it works fabulously for me. my husband cooks more often than me. TRUTH! have a fab day!
Sam,
You're a great story teller and American! Hehe. I loved reading your post. Hope things are going well!
Post a Comment